I have been vocal of my liking lip tints as my go to lippie. My adoration of lipsticks I say is never ending. I mean, it doesn’t stop when I own one, it accelerates to a brand then comes the color variation, then the degree of this color variation. I laugh at the degree of the color variation thing, it is when you already have this color but if you’ll come across another you’ll still buy it. In any makeup line only a makeup junkie will understand this behaviour. I said this because when I recently checked my lipstick acquisition, I found that I own a few ( a few?! common) lip tints. And I found this one that I purchased later of last year that I haven’t used yet. Let me introduce you to the lip tints and balm of KJM Cosmetics.
As I’ve said, I want my lip color come in different degrees. This serves well when I chose this Cheek and Lip Tint. Aside from the fact that the very lovely and ethereal beauty of Sophia Andres has made this a cult following by claiming as her favorite, the decision of owning one came a surprise. I guess it really helped seeing her sporting that natural looking luscious lips, but I didn’t know that my far-fetched ( I guess…) thought of finding a lip tint with that vampy, after-blood-sucking color could finally come true. So even if I still have some unused ones waiting their chance, I opted to make this on top of them. I just noticed that ever since my love for this bad boys had started, there aint any color variation in my stash. They all fall to the cherry red color family. Nothing deep which I wanted to be. Yes, I’ve tried the Korean brands but I guess nothing has came up to my standards.
With my lip tint experiences in mind, I’ve come with my own tick list of the qualities that I would love these babies to have.
- long lasting – because some tints just aren’t
- non-drying – sometimes I couldn’t understand why a certain would leave my lips so dehydrated
- doesn’t leave a filmy residue in my inner lips – I find a product sucks if I notice that it gives me this filmy residue when I open my mouth. I just couldn’t put a finger to describe it but it’s just awful.
- should be like a second lip – this should be on the top, I know. There are just some kind that settles in your lip lines and then they’ll know it’s a lip tint alright!
- doesn’t bleed on my teeth – I know I wish to have a vampy color, but please I don’t want to portray one.
- doesn’t have a taste – I could get away with this I guess but it’s much better if it hasn’t.
Okay, comparing KJM Cheek and Lip tint with this categories, I’m happy to say that it came up with a good rating of 5/5. I know it seems too good to be true but that’s why it became my favorite right? I just don’t know why I prefer to use those colors on a summer month though. Some notes that I want to highlight, the colors really stays true to what’s in the roller bottle (which is a plus to prevent spillage and waste of product ) Though I must say that it might vary ( through oxidation) for those who have a high acidity level in their skin. The swatches of bittersweet magenta (which I chose for my summer lips) is also very suitable for your cheeks, if you want to have that long lasting flush ( my recent summer flush that is ;)) I see that it didn’t settle on my pores. This is really non-drying so I got to achieved that hydrated lips even if it’s a hot season. And I love that my lips feels soft and really natural looking. I also got to try their Pandora Lip Tint Balm. The minty flavor really makes your lips look full. The color is also very pigmented it’s just that it’s too dark on my lips. Maybe this coming rainy season, when the weather gets cold that I could wear this color. All is made with all natural ingredients so nothing to worry about. I know that not all are accustomed to these kind of colors but good thing KJM has a wide variety that you can choose from. It’s affordable at Php 150. I bought mind directly from the supplier all the way from Davao. Lol! But don’t worry it’s now readily available from distributors in diffrent parts of Metro Manila. Packaging is neat with it’s minimalist vibe and thumbs up to the roller bottle that gives a good control on the amount of product you’ll use .
Come rainy season, I know I might be pulling the Vibe variant now along with Pandora. Hooray to local brands. Hooray for KJM!
Disclaimer: The following is based on the author’s personal experience and is NOT a paid ad.
I noticed that I’ve been so preoccupied for the past months that I lost track of time. I haven’t even took note of the things that I love and made me happy. As what they said, Live one day at a time. And so I took time, retrospecting and found some pety material ones that took part of that summertime happiness. Oh yes, pretty shallow but then it’s the simple things that matters the most.
- Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash My concept then of an effective facial wash measures to the lather it produces. Some might laugh at this thinking but I definitely you would agree with me. Unfortunately, that doesn’t apply to this. The formulation of this kind is a first to me having less or no lather at all ( or it just didn’t measure up to my lather expectations??) But to be honest, it is my favorite amongst all the facial washes that I’ve used.( bending the more lather, more effectve rule) I just forgot where I read it somewhere that too much lather could also cause dryness (Just help me out on this whenever you’ll find it) And I kinda believe that it’s true. This facial wash doesn’t have that tightness after after feel thus moisture wasn’t stripped off from your face. Making it less irritant. That 100% herbal actives claims seems true to it’s word. Neem has a high level of antioxidants, is anti-inflamatory and has high content of fatty acids and Vitamin E good for the skin’s cells and elasticity. Whereas Tumeric controls oily skin and cures acne. My face has never been so contented after this.
- St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer I have my moisturizers in rotation because my skin has this tendency to get immune on products that I use for a long period of time. I feel that gravity seems to be so present lately as I feel my sagging skin. I usually lay on my right when I sleep which by the way girls is a big NO specially if you want your face wrinkle free. And so the inivetable happend, my wee laugh line seems to be much noticible by now. This just have to stop before it gets worst. So I reached out to my ever dependable collagen dose. What I do is that I slather a generous amount of this on my face ( I apply it before bedtime) The feeling is like putting on your favorite collagen sheet masks. You could feel that your skin drinks in all the collagen that you applied making your face plump and fresh in the morning.
- Dermplus Moisturizing Sunblock This has been my long time favorite. What I love about this is it doubles up as my sunblock and moisturizer. I also use this as a makeup base for it’s slight tint. I just finish it off with my Pink Sugar Dual Finish Face Powder if I’ll be heading out. But on an ordinary day, I religiously apply this after washing my face in the morning because the lighting fixtures in our homes also emits UV rays. Not to mention being in front of the computer the whole day.
- Glutathione with Rosehip Oil This has been sitting on my vanity table for so long now. I’m not really sure who’s the owner and since I don’t want it to end in my trash bin or gets expired to non-usage, I decided to find it of some use. Every night I apply this on my feet, knees and elbows and noticed that the skin on these areas has lightened in just a few days time ( really of my intention since the summer has brought about some tanning on my skin) not to mention it feels soft to touch. I got an instant remedy for my uneven tanned skin the problem is I’m already nearing to finish not knowing where to purchase one.
- Bio Oil This beauty oil is very effective on lightening my strechmarks. Whenever I need to cure some dryness on my skin and hair, I also reach to this. And since summer is a bikini season, this has specifically lighten the stretchmarks on my behind.
- Strip It It’s His Cold Wax Another summer essential is this cold wax which come in handy. With less trouble of scheduling those waxing appointments, I find it’s formulation so effective on getting rid of your unwanted hair.You can be so sure that it’s 100% pure as the application of the sugar wax could already pull out some hair moreso the stripping itself. Making it less painful and officially hair-free. I noticed that for only a month of usage that my UA hair is not that thick when it grew back which is a big thumbs up. If you want to know more about this product click here. I’m so thakful for this giveaway from the vlogger Kris Lumagui
- KJM Cheek Tint/Pandora Tint Balm
This lip tint has given that perfect hint of vamp on my lips. The blood sucking color that I’ve always wanted to have for a lip tint was captured by this product. I love how it didn’t dry nor chapped my lips. It even gives a softer feel.
The lip balm is also not your unusual one for the solid tint it gives. It is hand pressed, with all natural ingredients and has a minty feel giving you a plump, luscious lips. See my review here.
- Bobbie Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Sugar Babykisss/ Maybelline Color sensational Shine Gloss in Fuschia Glow
This lipstick is my MLBB kind that pretty much reminds me of MAC Please Me. A good color duplicate for only less than Php 100. The formula is semi matte, non-drying and 100% lead free.
I love to use the lip gloss together with my lip tint since we don’t want to look so vamped up on a summer, this with it’s enough sheen has given them life.
- Bath & Body Works Body Mist Endless Weekend
This summer calls for everything light because of the hot weather. And this body spray has given me that enough confidence in those days.
I’m a sucker for any vanilla scent which explains why I love this to be my summer air when I walk.
- Youtuber Tina YongMy spare days ( if I have any…) has been spent mostly by watching Tina. She got me with her How to contour for beginners video and since then, I’m hooked. I love that she gives an easy, uncomplicated step by step tutorial that you could easily remember. I highly suggests for those who are starting with their makeups and want to know the tricks, basics and easy way of doing them check out her channel.
That’s it for my May. Mostly, I want you to know that my profound happiness is YOU my loyal readers, who has been with me through my absence and recurrence :). This eternal bliss, I owe it all to you.