I noticed that I’ve been so preoccupied for the past months that I lost track of time. I haven’t even took note of the things that I love and made me happy. As what they said, Live one day at a time. And so I took time, retrospecting and found some pety material ones that took part of that summertime happiness. Oh yes, pretty shallow but then it’s the simple things that matters the most.
- Himalaya Herbals Purifying Neem Face Wash My concept then of an effective facial wash measures to the lather it produces. Some might laugh at this thinking but I definitely you would agree with me. Unfortunately, that doesn’t apply to this. The formulation of this kind is a first to me having less or no lather at all ( or it just didn’t measure up to my lather expectations??) But to be honest, it is my favorite amongst all the facial washes that I’ve used.( bending the more lather, more effectve rule) I just forgot where I read it somewhere that too much lather could also cause dryness (Just help me out on this whenever you’ll find it) And I kinda believe that it’s true. This facial wash doesn’t have that tightness after after feel thus moisture wasn’t stripped off from your face. Making it less irritant. That 100% herbal actives claims seems true to it’s word. Neem has a high level of antioxidants, is anti-inflamatory and has high content of fatty acids and Vitamin E good for the skin’s cells and elasticity. Whereas Tumeric controls oily skin and cures acne. My face has never been so contented after this.
- St. Ives Collagen Elastin Moisturizer I have my moisturizers in rotation because my skin has this tendency to get immune on products that I use for a long period of time. I feel that gravity seems to be so present lately as I feel my sagging skin. I usually lay on my right when I sleep which by the way girls is a big NO specially if you want your face wrinkle free. And so the inivetable happend, my wee laugh line seems to be much noticible by now. This just have to stop before it gets worst. So I reached out to my ever dependable collagen dose. What I do is that I slather a generous amount of this on my face ( I apply it before bedtime) The feeling is like putting on your favorite collagen sheet masks. You could feel that your skin drinks in all the collagen that you applied making your face plump and fresh in the morning.
- Dermplus Moisturizing Sunblock This has been my long time favorite. What I love about this is it doubles up as my sunblock and moisturizer. I also use this as a makeup base for it’s slight tint. I just finish it off with my Pink Sugar Dual Finish Face Powder if I’ll be heading out. But on an ordinary day, I religiously apply this after washing my face in the morning because the lighting fixtures in our homes also emits UV rays. Not to mention being in front of the computer the whole day.
- Glutathione with Rosehip Oil This has been sitting on my vanity table for so long now. I’m not really sure who’s the owner and since I don’t want it to end in my trash bin or gets expired to non-usage, I decided to find it of some use. Every night I apply this on my feet, knees and elbows and noticed that the skin on these areas has lightened in just a few days time ( really of my intention since the summer has brought about some tanning on my skin) not to mention it feels soft to touch. I got an instant remedy for my uneven tanned skin the problem is I’m already nearing to finish not knowing where to purchase one.
- Bio Oil This beauty oil is very effective on lightening my strechmarks. Whenever I need to cure some dryness on my skin and hair, I also reach to this. And since summer is a bikini season, this has specifically lighten the stretchmarks on my behind.
- Strip It It’s His Cold Wax Another summer essential is this cold wax which come in handy. With less trouble of scheduling those waxing appointments, I find it’s formulation so effective on getting rid of your unwanted hair.You can be so sure that it’s 100% pure as the application of the sugar wax could already pull out some hair moreso the stripping itself. Making it less painful and officially hair-free. I noticed that for only a month of usage that my UA hair is not that thick when it grew back which is a big thumbs up. If you want to know more about this product click here. I’m so thakful for this giveaway from the vlogger Kris Lumagui
- KJM Cheek Tint/Pandora Tint Balm
This lip tint has given that perfect hint of vamp on my lips. The blood sucking color that I’ve always wanted to have for a lip tint was captured by this product. I love how it didn’t dry nor chapped my lips. It even gives a softer feel.
The lip balm is also not your unusual one for the solid tint it gives. It is hand pressed, with all natural ingredients and has a minty feel giving you a plump, luscious lips. See my review here.
- Bobbie Cosmetics Matte Lipstick in Sugar Babykisss/ Maybelline Color sensational Shine Gloss in Fuschia Glow
This lipstick is my MLBB kind that pretty much reminds me of MAC Please Me. A good color duplicate for only less than Php 100. The formula is semi matte, non-drying and 100% lead free.
I love to use the lip gloss together with my lip tint since we don’t want to look so vamped up on a summer, this with it’s enough sheen has given them life.
- Bath & Body Works Body Mist Endless Weekend
This summer calls for everything light because of the hot weather. And this body spray has given me that enough confidence in those days.
I’m a sucker for any vanilla scent which explains why I love this to be my summer air when I walk.
- Youtuber Tina YongMy spare days ( if I have any…) has been spent mostly by watching Tina. She got me with her How to contour for beginners video and since then, I’m hooked. I love that she gives an easy, uncomplicated step by step tutorial that you could easily remember. I highly suggests for those who are starting with their makeups and want to know the tricks, basics and easy way of doing them check out her channel.
That’s it for my May. Mostly, I want you to know that my profound happiness is YOU my loyal readers, who has been with me through my absence and recurrence :). This eternal bliss, I owe it all to you.
I’m an avid watcher of “What’s in my Bag?” videos of youtubers. Even on bloggers, I find it all addictive. Prying on someone’s personal belongings is really fun, don’t get me wrong but I just find it gratifying to find some things that we have in common. Most especially if that person is famous, you just want to covet what they have or really try to squeeze that in to your wishlist. That is always the fun part, at some point you feel that you are both equal. *grins*
Okay, so I also wish of unloading what’s in my bag, only I have to change the bag into makeup because this is the only interesting thing as of the moment. I still don’t have the courage to show the inside of my bag for the fear of being judged. Lol! Someday… when I get famous and stuff. La…La…La…
- Kipling Navy Blue Pouch – all this 19 pieces of makeup stuff are stored inside this pouch. Really roomy and heavy.:) This was given to me from an Aunt. I really don’t buy my makeup pouches. They are mostly given as a gift or hand me downs from my Aunties abroad. I personally love this one because all fits here, and it’s easy to wash just in case there’s an accident spill or my lipstick cap went loose. No worries on cleaning. I just added those metal thingy on the zipper head as a personal touch ( see my initial )
- Pink Sugar Dual Finish Face Powder (Shell) – I got this from Plump.Ph Magazine giveaway. I don’t usually own a powder compact, let alone carry one. The last compact that I religiously used and fell in love with is from Bench’s Zui makeup line. That thing was discontinued, unfortunate me. My face is really sensitive and oily. In addition to that, there’s this large pores situation now so I get pretty prone to breakouts if I use one. I never really expected that this compact and my skin will get along. It sits well just like a second skin and no breakouts. What’s more is it’s a local brand which makes me all the more proud of.
- Maybelline COLORSensational Shine Gloss ( Fuschia Flash) – Another gift from my Aunt, I believe this is not distributed in my country. I haven’t seen one though they have the colorsensational line here. To be honest, I was close to giving this away simply for a fact that I’m not a fan of glosses. Not until I paired it with my lip tints that it found home.
- Pink Sugar Honey I’m Good Eyeliner Duo – Another item from the giveaway. I was so excited to own this liquid eyeliner to practice my cat’s eye which until now hasn’t become even. This comes with a liquid eyeliner on the other end while white eyeliner on the other. I really have a terrible oily eyelids so the product smudges so easily. Unfotunately, I just use the white eyeliner instead, in times that I want to make my peppers looked fully slept.
- Bobbie Cosmetics Baby Doll Eyes Bold Liquid Eyeliner – Again, I’m in the stage of practicing my cat’s eye skills so you can’t blame me if I own another one. I just noticed that local eyeliners could not cope with these eyelids of mine. I think I have to temporarily give up on the local ones.
- KJM Cheek and Lip Tint- This I should say is my favorite summer lippie of 2016. You might think that it’s just another lip tint again. NAHAH! What makes it special? A different color of tint. ( did I say it right?) All of the tints that I own/used were reds. if not pinks, well not really but more likely leans also to red. So when I saw this, I told myself that I really have to have it. My urge of owning one brought me to placing an order all the way to Davao. My fartest on my online order history. I think we’ll just have to put all of that stories under one blog post.
- Eyelash Curler- For me, this is the thing that leveled up my being vain. The thouight of this while writing just made me laugh. On an eyelash curler being the meter of vanity? Anyways, I got this for Php 50.00 only. Not even a fancy one but it suits the eyes well so why bother. It’s been with me for almost two years now and it still serves it’s purpose.
- San San False Lash Effect Mascara- This I used for my collab with Lipstick and Bottles Collab: $20 Makeup Haul Challenge ( Philippine Edition) I love anything shiny and holographic. Again, for a late bloomer like me, I don’t also use mascaras when I go out. I mean, not really all does here but my lashes are too thin. I really don’t bother before but this is what I meant when the eyelash curler leveled up my vain self. If you’ll ask if it lived up to the false lash effect claim… Yes. I just don’t wear it that long for the fear of panda eyes though it doesn’t smudge that easy.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy (rosy lips) – I tend to hoard.. I know. ( 2 pieces!) But I didn’t bought it, this came together with Maybelline. I use this every night. My Hurraw lip balm has already hit bottom and I can’t find any good substitute. These are the tinted kind so I also reach to these whenever my lipstick has worn off.
- Bobbie Cosmetics Matte Lipstick (sugar babykiss) – My summer everyday lipstick or MLBB. I admit I gave this an unfair judgement. Curiosity got me to buy it. Imagine, a lipstick under Php 100? With a no lead tag on the seal. I mean, common?? But low and behold. I never though that with it’s price it could live up to it’s claims. No lead: Check. I could wear this everyday all throughout the year without worrying my lips getting dark which usually the case if you’re an all lipstick user.Matte: Check. The matte that is non-drying and very comfortable to wear plus it leaves a faint tint. Most of all, affordable.
- Daiso Eyebrow Pencil- It’s a retractable pencil with a spollie brush on the other end. I love that it gives me a precise definition on my brows and with a built in spollie, very handy.
- EB Advance Lip and Cheek Stain- Aside from being my most read blog post, this is my all time favorite. If you want that au naturale look with a flush that is not makeup obvious, I highly recommend this.
- San San Eyebrow Mascara- Another collab item with lipstick and bottles. I value my eyebrows that much that I want it to look neat everytime I go out ( eyebrows and lips are fine with me) This product keeps everything in their proper places.
- Colourpop Lippie Stix (tutu) – I’m a vampy red kind of a lipstick girl. Maybe because it blends well with my skintone. And this for me is my perfect vampy night lipstick. It’s actually my first Colourpop. I just don’t know why it took me that long.
- Essence Eyebrow Styling Set- Again, anything for my brows. This I use for filling in. Another thing is that it comes with stencils so for that not so perfect eyebrow day, this you can rely on.
- Kate Tokyo CC Lip Cream- Actually this is of my sister’s. The CC got me. I was expecting it to be Color Correcting as it says, lessens the dark pigmentation on your lips? But sadly, it failed. All I see is just an ordinary tinted lip balm. It can’t even cure the dryness of my lips. Such a waste Kate!
- Menow Long Lasting Lip Gloss (#2) – Don’t be mislead by the lip gloss! It’s actually a liquid lipstick. This brand has gotten it’s name for being a good high end lipstick duplicate. I just don’t know what mine is. I use this simultaneously with Bobbie. Another my summer lipstick 2016 favorite.
- KJM Lip Balm (pandora) – Finally, my second to the last. This lip balm is hand pressed and made with natural ingredients. I love that it’s not your typical lip balm color and it has a minty feel making your lips a little bit plump. What else can I say?
- Eyelash Glue – I laugh at the randomness of this. I don’t use any false eyelashes to have one but I guess it’s here to save someone else’s day. :))
There you have it! My apologies for the lenghty post but I hope it brought excitement in you guys as much as mine everytime I pull them from the bag. It’s like pulling something off from the magician’s hat. Do we have anything in common? Or should I be including a more fun brand? I wish to see yours too!