Come the end of month, I get excited to see my fellow bloggers posts their month’s favorites or empties.
Though we are on different sides of the world, we are one with valuing our money’s worth by emptying first before purchasing. Or we are giving a heads up for those who are wanting to buy but still doesn’t have the courage to do so.
I’ve posted my empties also because of the gratifying experience that I was able to hold myself from hoarding another item. It also serves me as a reminder of what product I consumed on a month. Like for instance, I know you ladies could relate to this, looking back at some old albums you find yourself having much glowing skin than what you have now? That you find yourself introspecting the products you used then knowing it’s a few years ago. That is a recurring phase to me so I’ve decided to label the products that I had and what good it served me. Now I’m starting with my month of April with three skincare empties.
- Johnson’s Baby Bath (milk + rice) – I’ve been an avid fan of these way back when it’s still only Milk then. I discontinued use every now and then because of the curiosity to try other brands/kinds. But whenever I feel that my skin needs some resurrecting to do, I switch back. I love that it gives my skin a healthy glow and softness. Who says that Baby products are just for babies? And yeah, I repurchased again.
- Human Nature Nourishing Face Toner – Just finished my review on this here. Browsing their site has never been so addictive for me. Maybe because I’m happy to find a product which is locally made but is at par with the international brand. Also, I salute their advocacy of helping the needy, being one with conserving nature and patriotism. Their high grade produce being accessible to all. I’m now on my second bottle
- Clean and Clear Foaming Facial Wash (oil-free) – I must say it stayed true to their tag “helps prevent oily shine and pimples” I only bought the trial size in 20 ml. since it’s my first to try. I find that my face didn’t break out and keeps the shine at bay. This lasted me a month considering that my sister and I share. A little goes a long way for it lathers much. Though it satisfies me, I’m now on a debate whether to re purchase for I want to try using organic facial wash instead. All in all, I’d still would recommend this for those who have oily skin like me.
Until my next empties, Ladies. Enjoy your weekend!
Just about a month ago that I made a life changing decision. That is to finally embrace organic in my skin care regime. I know this should have been years ago but since I’m not that bothered with any wrinkles and stuff, I really didn’t mind. My sole consolation for my skin is that I don’t use make up that much, which made my skin a lot younger than my supposed age. Though as much as I want to try, be liberated on using products my skin would not want me to for being so sensitive. Chances are, I always end up having breakouts or dry, dull skin. I must admit that I tend to chose high end products before since most of them are non-comedogenic but I have a hard time maintaining because of the high cost. And so I scour the market for organic products being my last resort. The good thing is there are two household names available and I chose Human Nature for it caters most on my targeted skin care concern. Recently I repurchased their Nourishing Face Toner and their 100% Natural Moisturizer is my new Best friend.
- Nourishing Face Toner (Tomato Extract)
Product Description: It is 100% natural and free from harsh chemicals, synthetic preservatives and alcohol which are no-no’s for sensitive skin. Plus, it has tomato extract that keeps your skin clear, hydrated, and sting-free.
Because of my skin’s sensitivity to harsh chemicals, I really took note of Alcohol free being on top of my list. Though their toners have two variants, I opted for this because of the tomato extract since it is known to brighten dull skin. The product stays true to what it describes for making my skin hydrated and sting free. The water like solution is just a bare manifestation of being 100% natural. The price value is a knockout at Php 99.75 (roughly $ 2.25) for a 200 ml bottle. It has a faint bubble gum smell but not overpowering. A bottle lasted me a month but only because my sister and I share. The only downside for this is that only two department stores caters them.
- 100% Natural Day Moisturizer
Product Description: has beetroot extract and other actives known to help skin retain its natural moisture for a full 8 hours! Loaded with 15 essential vitamins and minerals, it nourishes and helps protect your skin from environmental stresses so your skin looks hydrated and happy every day.
This I should say is my holy grail. My Life changing product. This moisturizer really hydrates my skin well. And surprisingly i didn’t have any breakouts given that my skin is oily. This is what I mostly encounter on previous moisturizer brands that I purchase giving me breakouts at the end of the day. It doesn’t give me that icky feeling. The solution is light weight so I don’t have any trouble combining it with my sun screen. Skin absorbs it quickly so I preferred using this right after washing my face wherein it’s still a little damp. With this one squirt already covers my entire face. The finish on me is demi matte. This retails for Php 149.75 ( $ 3.38) for a 50 ml bottle. It’s still with me for a month now not nearing the bottom yet. Downside maybe it’s scent. Some might think the smell of flowers irritates them but it’s good for me.
Luckily I found the duo in a famous department store which has a lane for organic products. Unfortunately, not all are offered. Mostly, are the essentials and best buys are available. The size variant are also limited. Upon research also, only two department stores caters them. But if you want a hassle free transaction and have different choices, visiting their website is the best option.
What’s your best Organic Products?