I was nominated by the sweet Rothseri for The Versatile Blogger Award which I’m trully thankful of. Her passion and love of life radiates through her blog. Let’s all feel the vibe and drop by her blog to show our love. Before I tackle mine, let’s go on with the mechanics first.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Link their blog.
- Write 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers.
Since I have done so many posts noting facts, trivias etc. about myself ( if you want a full coverage see here ) I’ve decided to feature something more about where I came from.
I’m a Filipina and resides in the beautiful warm country of the Philippines. Ours is only a small archipelago for those who doesn’t know yet, we are from the continent of Asia.
I’ve collected 7 random facts bout my country so you may know me fully well. I just hope my little history won’t bore you.
- Philippines is being occupied by different countries over the centuries making us having acquired a vast influences in terms of Culture and Religion. Being ranked according to the number years they have colonized our country, they are as follows: Spanish, Americans, British and Japanese. Though the Spaniards may have ruled us the longest for 377 years, It’s the Americans who had given Education as their major contribution hence English language is being widely used aside from our native tongue.
- We are blessed for our pristine white beaches, some of which I made featured here. But little did they know that my country is also known for having the world class surfing beaches some of which you were unheard of. Aside from the popular 9 waves of Baler and the majestic waves of Caliocan, there is also Pararan in Catanduanes and Lanuza Bay in Surigao.
3. Coconuts is one of our biggest exports. In fact we are the world’s leading producer of coconuts having produced 19.5 million tons of fruit in 2010. This is not only one of our biggest produce but is also what we called The Tree of Life because of the endless list of products being derived from it’s various parts.
Among the famous is what we call latik ( coconut cream) which is popularly used as a dipping sauce of Suman one of our known native delicacy. Also a personal favorite.
4. Three from the Top 10 largest malls in the world are found in the Philippines namely, SM City or SM North Edsa, SM Megamall and SM Mall of Asia.
5. Being colonized by the Spaniards for the longest period, their greatest contribution was the Roman Catholic religion making us the largest Catholic population in Asia. With this being told, ours also have the world’s largest Catholic University in terms of population which is the University of Santo Thomas founded in 1611. Oldest than Harvard University founded in 1636.
6. Filipinos has a great passion for food. Proof of this are the vast population of investors who have invested their popular chains here. But some of the best that we are known and liked worldwide are as follows: Adobo and Lumpia
The Halo Halo which was featured in Anthony Bourdain’s Parts Unknown and Leche Flan.
7. And lastly, being a tribute to Filipinos who loves to sing and always a participant in different singing competitions worldwide, did you know that the first patented producer of the karaoke is not a Japanese but a Filipino. Roberto del Rosario made the karaoke machine in 1975. It was only four years later that a Japanese musician had invented it. So don’t be surprised why in every Filipino event there’s always a karaoke or presently called videoke.
My 15 Nominees
- frugal beauty
- emma charlotte beauty
- mila said so
As always, my sole request is show our love and support to the following ladies for sharing us a part of their life and learnings. So eager to know more about you ladies.
You must be logged in to post a comment.